Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another busy Saturday

Whew!  What a busy day!  I started early, early with a trip to the closest Weight Watchers to weigh in for the Dr. Oz Transformation Nation challenge.  We'll see how it goes, but I have two steps left to qualify for the contest in April - see my Dr. and lose 10% of my body weight.  Both are very doable, and to win a chance for a  million dollars?  Why not? 

As for my plan (remember, I did say I'd have one by Saturday) - I've decided to start with the Reboot, with elements of Whole 30.  If I tried to explain all of that here, it would make this blog post way too long!  Practically, what it means is that (for now) I won't be eating meat, dairy, soy or sugar (including honey, agave, artificial, etc.).  I also won't be adding salt to my meals - just herbs.

Following that quick stop, Bella and I headed down to the Czech Festival in Yukon.  It was a beautiful day!   We met this guy first thing when we got there.  He was looking at us a little suspiciously, but his owner says he was just preparing himself for his job.  He was just getting ready to go give little kids rides in a coral.  I'm sure that takes lots of mental preparation.  As we passed by him and his friends, we noticed that they smelled oddly like Pledge.  I asked the gentleman, and he says it is fly spray....I don't know - they were shiny and everything.

 We spent the whole morning wandering around outside, and we stayed for a bit of the parade and some of the music before we were off on our next adventure. 








We wanted to stop at the Railroad Museum, but it was closed.  Maybe next time.

After we left the Czech Festival, we were on our way to the Asian market when I realized we were passing right by the Oklahoma City Farmer's Market - and it was still open!  So, we made a quick stop there for some locally grown fresh veggies.   Yum! 

Then we continued on our way to the Asian Market for more fresh veggies.  Bella was very valuable with her knowledge of different types of leafy vegetables.
And I forgot to put in the Green Papaya
 I would have take a picture, but this time I actually read the sign on the front door that said "no cameras."  :(  Although, I have to admit, I did sneak some pictures of the signs on the display so that I could remember what I was eating.  I got a ton of fresh vegetables for under $20!

We left the Asian market to head back to Norman, and wouldn't you know it - there was Spiritfest right there in front of us at the Westminster Presbyterian Church.  There were dancers and booths and a car show going on.  Of course we had to stop.  We had plenty of time for another adventure, especially since the game was a night game, so traffic wouldn't be bad for hours yet.

Bella enjoyed the car show!

They just danced around the little girl.








One more quick stop at Sam's for some fruit and we were on our way back home - well before game traffic!  Although, Sam's was packed!  I know better than to shop on a home game day, but my refrigerator needed to be filled and I didn't want to make a special trip on Sunday.  Boring housework followed, but then I ended my day surrounded by TVs and Sooner fans watching the game and having one last burger before my meatless time begins Sunday.

Boomer!  Sooner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated and will not show up until they are approved.